2008年3月15日星期六

Living Your Dream, the Extraordinary Success!

Just recently I ran in to an old highschool friend of mine and as you could imagine, after a long chitter chatter he asked:

"So what do you do for a living?"

I said: "I am an internet marketer."

He says: "wow... must be nice."

I responded: "yeah it has been good so far. I love what I do."

He then answered saying: "yeah lucky you. I wish I was as lucky."

Out of curiousity I asked: "yeah? what do you do?"

Well, long story short, I found out that he dropped out of his last year in college and is now working full time as a restaurant manager at PizzaHut. I promised him that I'd drop in some time while he was working and he assured me a free pizza if I did that. We parted and once again went out separate ways.

When I got back home I couldn't help but think about this poor guy. I couldn't help but think about the other 232 students that graduated with me from highschool. I wondered how many of them actually went on to become what they aspired to become or how many settled for something less just because they felt that it would take too much effort for them to do what they had always dreamed about doing.

Lets look at the online world for a second: There are thousands of websites going up each and every day. As they come up, thousands of dreams go in to the air, everyone thinking they will make a killing with the sites they just created, but no... 1 month passes and not a sale was made.

Perhaps a $100 adsense campaign would do the trick. So they whip out their wallet, spend the $100 and lo and behold, there was a $20 sale. Woohooo... that's a good start.

3 months go by and the second sale just never came. What now? All the hard work for nothing? The $100 adsense campaign... for nothing? This internet business stuff must not work.

Another dream crushed, just like that.

The question now remains... how do the big guys do it? How did any of the successful people achieve their dreams? The answer is simple: Success is not a secret, it is a formula. You do what successful people do, and you will be successful.

It is that simple. Find someone that is successful in your field, and learn from them. NEVER be too proud or stubborn to learn from other people.

Or another thing... find a ready to go system that you can use, which has been proven to work. If it worked for someone else, it will work for you. Just exactly what they did. Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty... because that is where money is.

And realize... to achieve the extraordinary, you might just have to put in extraordinary effort.